Thursday, October 23, 2008

Checking Out Some Social Networking Sites

The 4 Social networking sites that I checked out were, Facebook, Xanga, MySpace, and Friendster. Xanga is the older one of the bunch. It is a website that I created a profile for when I just began high school. It is a website where you are able to express your feelings, and just post entries about anything you want. People are able to comment and suscribe to each other's xanga's. This website basically was my introduction to social networking. Most of you should know what Myspace and Facebook are but if you guys don't they are basically social networking sites where users, register and create profiles. They are able to upload pictures of themselves, join groups comment on their friends profiles or even make new friends. MySpace and Facebook are two very similar sites, but they are both very popular for a good reason, because it they are so addicting! I'm sure many students waste countless hours on Facebook while they should be studying! I never had a Friendster account, but i created one a few days ago to check it out. It seems to have similar features to Facebook and Myspace, I can tell why it was popular as well.

1 comment:

Daniel S said...

I think its really interesting that all of these sites operate at the same time and have never merged into one huge networking site. When u think about it, the actual goal of social networking would be accomplished much better if all of these site would combine and therefore become one huge social netorking site : xafriendfacespace.com .