Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Term Research Project

My term project was on social networking. In this project I described social networking from multiple perspectives. First I stated what social networking is; I said that It is a online technology that can lead to potential benefits such as improved collaboration and information sharing, greater productivity and enhanced communication among coworkers business partners and customers. I talked about the economics perspective and social networking is counted in our GDP and will likely show up as an increase in productivity. From there I went on to the educational perspective and discussed how a principal in high school had to protect his students from cyber bullying online through MySpace. For the technological perspective I discussed that social networking is rapidly advancing and that managers should be ready. After that I went on to my final two sections, moral and sociological. For moral I mentioned a survey which determined that people actually do non-related activities on social networking sites while they are working. For sociological I showed and discussed a video of the Star Wars kid.

No comments: