Saturday, December 13, 2008

Classmate's research presentation

The classmates presentation I will discuss is Svetlana's. Her presentation was on Second life,Webkinz and the future of virtual world on higher education. This was interesting to me because I was always interested about second life, virtual worlds and how they operated. She discussed how virtual worlds like second life are being used for education. She gave examples of how top tier schools like Harvard and NYU are incorporating Second life into their education programs. Also discussed in her presentation was Webkinz and how it is affecting there education. I think Svetlana did a great job in her presentation. There were many visuals in her PowerPoint and I can tell that she did a lot of research. It was interesting to see the virtual classroom. It was also surprising to know that there is even a virtual world for kids. I never really heard of Webkinz before, now maybe when I have kids they can try the website out.

No comments: